This audio-based social media network started as a niche app for Silicon Valley insiders. Since being launched in April 2020 it has now it has become one of the fastest-growing platforms on the planet.
At this moment the app is only available for iOS (They have announced that they’re currently planning to work on an Android version of the app.) The registration is invitation-based. So if you do not have an account yet, time to start a conversation with an old friend!
|2 million||January 2021|
|10 million||February 2021|
- Over 180 venture capitalists and organizations have invested in Clubhouse.
- The current evaluation is $1B. A unicorn has been born.
- The clubhouse has 10 million weekly users.
- Just between two months – January to February user growth has been staggering. 5x!
- The clubhouse is currently the 5th most popular app in the “Social Media Network” category of the App Store, behind Facebook, Messenger, WhatsApp, and Discord.
- The clubhouse became the most downloaded app on iOS in Germany.
- The UK and Germany now have the highest number of app downloads outside of the US (119,548 and 92,659, respectively, according to App Figures).
- The top user: Rohan Seth with 4.48M followers.
- The company is currently pre-revenue. They are planning to roll out some beta tests for monetization options this year.
Beyond this small handful, there’s been an explosion of social audio experiences, including those from startups like Locker Room, Sonar, Yoni Circle, Quilt, Space, Roadtrip, Capiche.FM, Yac, Cappuccino, and others
Are you using Clubhouse? Is there a better, similar app that you like?