Chargeasap is a Sydney-based consumer electronics startup that has been creating innovative charging accessories for mobile devices since 2016. Graphene battery power bank is their latest and most sophisticated innovation up to date.
They have a team of independent and innovative serial entrepreneurs, creatives, and engineers who help to bring new ideas to life. The strategy for launching new products has been to mainly use crowdfunding platforms such as Indiegogo. Before we dive into their latest product (the powerful graphene battery power bank), let’s have a look at the history of the company itself.
Here is a list of Chargeasap previous campaigns, raising over $6 million in total:
- asap Dash: the world’s fastest pocket-sized portable phone charger which successfully raised over $235,409 since January 2016.
- asap Connect: The original version of this magnetic USB cable which successfully raised over $780,140 since May 2016.
- asap X-Connect: is the 2nd cross device compatible version of our magnetic USB cable which successfully raised over $573,088 since September 2016.
- asap X-Connect Adapter transforms any USB cable to magnetically connect to all your mobile devices and has successfully raised over $99,882 since May 2017
- UNO Cable is an improved version of the X-Connect with a Type C end to allow for a faster charge and successfully raised over $282,812 since April 2019
- Infinity Cable is the best magnetic cable we’ve ever created and can support up to 100W to allow it to charge all our devices, including USB-C laptops. We’ve successfully raised over $501,627 since September 2019
- Flash is a 210W USB-C fast charging power bank with 20000mAh capacity and wireless charging powered by Panasonic™ graphene battery. This has been our most successful product we’ve launched to date raising over $1,649,253 since March 2020
- G6 is a 61W Travel Adapter with GaN that allows you to charge 4 devices simultaneously including a Macbook 13″ at max speed. Travel hassle free with just 1 adapter for all your devices in 200+ countries. We’ve successfully raised over $96,899 since June 2020
- Omega is the World’s Smallest 65W, 100W & 200W USB-C Charger. With 2 x 100W USB-C Power Delivery 3.0 PPS ports, a single 200W Omega charger can power 2 laptops (16″ MacBook Pro) simultaneously, and at full speed. This is a gamechanger in charger technology, making it the first portable charger in the world to output 200W. We’ve successfully raised over $1,640,392 since August 2020
- Flash Pro – more in the article.
Not only do they sell their products on Indiegogo, but Chargeasap also has an online e-commerce store and an app for iOS and Android.
Graphene Battery Power Bank
Graphene is a new material of the 21st century. It is an excellent conductive and has great heat dissipation properties. Graphene battery is a new and high-tech take on the old lithium battery.
These batteries can recharge super fast, just in 45 minutes you can get 80% of power and in 1h 10minutes 100%. With a massive 25000 mAh battery, a third USB port, and 15W MagSafe compatibility, it delivers an impressive 190W of combined power to charge up to 6 devices simultaneously. Chargeasap also provides users with a 2-year warranty for Flash Pro Plus (graphene batteries last more than 5 years).
After assessing the feedback from over 10,000 backers, Chargeasap has re-engineered the ultimate mobile charger to truly complement users’ work and lifestyle needs. This includes the addition of an extra battery to upgrade the capacity by an additional 20% to 25,000 mAh, giving the extra power that backers requested. It now has enough capacity to charge a 13-inch Macbook 1.3 times or charge an iPhone 12 Pro 7 times.
Flash Pro costs $139 (about €118) on Indiegogo (super early bird price). Once launched in production it will cost $299 (€255).
Graphene composite batteries have much smaller internal resistance and better conductivity than traditional lithium batteries. Graphene composite is also added to both the positive and negative poles of the battery cell to further increase the conductivity. Due to the unique thermal dissipation properties of Graphene, no further cooling mechanisms such as heat sinks are required allowing us to keep Flash Pro Plus as thin and light as possible.
Not only fast and powerful, but the Graphene battery technology also makes Flash Pro Plus the world’s safest power bank by allowing it to fast charge at low temperatures compared to standard batteries. Flash Pro Plus will never go above 60°C (140°F) unlike competitor power banks which can reach 70°C (167°F) ensuring it is safer and also longer lasting. You’ll feel very comfortable knowing that this baby won’t heat up or bulge over time as you see in many of your older USB devices.
A company’s battery chemical structure is a trade secret that isn’t shared publicly or with most of the company’s staff. One major reason is other companies will copy their technology which is why many leading brands only put li-po only on their battery. This stands for “lithium polymer” which means it’s a lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery with additives of other special materials one of which in this case is Graphene which is able to significantly alter the battery’s properties enough to differentiate it.
Needless to say, graphene batteries are the future and more companies will start using them. Could this be something that the next generation smartphones have built in? For sure!